Monday, October 24, 2011

Day Six ; July 20, 2011


It’s finally Friday, but that means I have only tomorrow left! I’m ready to go home, but I would love to stay just a little longer. Today was a “day of government”, as I called it. I attended the changing of the guard, toured the parliament buildings, and toured the Supreme Court of Canada.
The changing of the guard was an interesting thing to see. It was a formal ceremony on top of Parliament Hill. The 30 minute ceremony consisted of one guard getting off of his duty, and another guard taking his place, but it was extremely formal.
Next, I walked just down the hill to the Parliament buildings. I was put in a group to tour the buildings. We learned about Canadian government and the Parliament buildings.
Just after that, I went a little west of Parliament Hill to the Supreme Court of Canada. I took about a 25 minute tour through the Supreme Court building. The tour guide did a compare/contrast tour of Canadian and American governments.
After a long day, I decided to stop and get some takeout from Pasticceria Gelateria Italiana.  I ordered lasagna for $6 and went back to my hotel room to relax!


 
Parliament Buildings

No comments:

Post a Comment